MSFL Rules & Regulations
Skill Level – All- Madden
Game Style – Simulation
Pre Existing Injury – On
Practice Squad Stealing – On
Quarter Length – 7 Minutes
Accelerated Clock – Off
Previous Play Information – On
XP Sliders – Custom
Gameplay Sliders – Default (Adjusted post Season 1)
Streaming – Away Team on League Issued YouTube Account
- We strive to have an active league, with all games user v. user. We have a long waiting list of folks eager to be in MSFL, so if you’ve lost interest, please don’t sit on a spot and prevent someone else from enjoying MSFL.
- Social: Minimum 1x tweet per week.
- Games: Cannot place your team on auto without notifying admin, going on auto to end the season due to record will not be tolerated.
- Consequences: Failure to meet participation guidelines or on a consistent basis, will trigger a commissioner review of your league status.
- Use GroupMe (main chat, DM) or texting for scheduling.
- Must make contact with opponents and offer availability within 36 hours, as well as schedule a game time within 48 hours of advance.
- If opponent fails to respond within 36-48 hours notify admin.
- If scheduled past 48 hours deadline notify admin (DM, Tweet).
- If an opponent is more than 15 minutes late for a game time without prior notification, you will receive force win (FW)
- If a user misses 3 games they will be placed on auto and reviewed by admins for possible dismissal from league
- If opponent is on Auto, or a CPU controlled team, you will get FW. You must not play CPU opponents.
- If game disconnects both players take a screenshot as evidence of message.
- You have three choices:
- Restart completely
- Simulate to same point (score and timing) *
- User concedes (FW for opponent)
* If a DC occurs & teams agree to replay (not fresh restart), GMs have option to finish by playing two Quarters or less if was already in 2nd half.
* If a DC occurs & teams agree to replay (not fresh restart), if an injury occurred, not allowing a player to return in the original game, then injured player will remain out during the replay.
- Custom playbooks are forbidden. Make sure to show each other advanced settings as proof of using a stock book.
- NEVER play a CPU Controlled Team or if opponent is on Auto, these are forced wins.
- All games MUST be streamed via YouTube. Failing to stream, or deleting streams will result in admin review and possible suspension.
- NEVER run the same concept back to back! This applies to offense and defense. i.e. Zone Blitz 3 may not be followed by another play with identical concept Zone Blitz 3.
- Use a broad mix of formations and plays. 75% of any formation is plenty.
- Never use any goal line formation unless you’re within 10 yd line.
- Never use any special team formation unless you’re in a kicking situation.
- NEVER run an offensive play of the SAME NAME more than 3 times per game (regardless of formation)
- If you motion any player you must let them set before snapping
- Never use “Chew Clock” feature unless 35+ blowout rule applies or opponent gives permission to activate
- Maintain at least 3 pass rushers at all time
- LBs moved manually must remain 3 yds back from LOS & S 3 yds back from LBer
- Max of ONE Player manually moved presnap on defense
- Defensive goal line formation is exempt from the back to back concept rule!
- Never pull Linemen/ Gunners Pre-Snap on punt returns or returners on kickoff
- Never Line drive a punt or pop fly punt to a blocker
- You are allowed one fake FG and one fake punt per season
- Any time 4th and 1 or less past the 50 yard line (arrow pointing up)
- 2nd Half Down by 3 possessions (17 Points or more)
- 4Q Down 2 possessions (9 points or more)
- 4Q Under 3 minutes down by any amount
- Only two hurry up plays per possession
- Unlimited within 2 minute warning
- Unlimited down 3 possessions (17 points or more)
- Down by 3 possessions (17 points or more)
- 4th Quarter Down by any amount
4th Quarter -Following Two Minute Warning:
Required to KNEEL, if following two apply at same time:*
- Winning game by more than one possession (9 points or more)
- Have a 1st down
*If a team calls a timeout while you are kneeling, this no longer applies.
If up 35+, the following blowout rules apply:
- Bench starters on offense (QB, HB, 2WR, TE)
- Activate “Chew Clock”
- Must run every down except 3rd (you can pass to gain a 1st)
- Must dive as soon as 1st down or run out of bounds to avoid TD.
- In redzone kneel and kick FG.
Single Game Stat Limitation rules:
- Teams are required to have minimum eight runs per game.
- Exception IF a team has less than 32 total offensive plays, then runs have to equate for at least 25% of the offense (i.e. 28-31 = 7 runs, 24-27 = 6 runs, 20-23 = 5 runs, etc.)
- QB runs limited to 10x per game
- Single Game Stat limitations
- Pass Yards: 575 Max
- Rush Yards: 300 Max
- Receiving Yards: 350 Max
- Receptions Ratio: Any Receiver cannot have more than 50% of QB completions in a single game. (Ex: 30 Comp, 15 Rec max. 20 Comp, 10 Rec man, etc) *Begins at 5 Receptions
VIOLATIONS & PUNISHMENTS
The goal for MSFL is that we are a self-correcting league. We strive to keep the rules simple and allow for clear in-game adjustments to offset violations.
If an in game violation occurs: DO NOT UNPAUSE (Follow Chain of Command)
- Notify your opponent of the violation via GroupMe
- If there is a disagreement on violation, review the YouTube footage
- If there is further disagreement, tag an admin in GroupMe chat
- Apply an in-game correction as listed below:
These are meant to allow self-correction, and offset any violation and avoid post game punishment.
- On Offense
- (Results in first down) = Automatic Punt
- (Doesn't Result in first down) = Automatic Loss of down, Kneel 1 Play
- On Defense: Automatic First
- On Turnover: Automatic Punt
- On TD: Must allow opponent a free TD. There is no correction for field position after opponent kickoff.
For violations that were not or cannot be handled in-game, admins will apply the following consequences:
- Strike 1 (4 user game player(s) suspension)
- Strike 2 (6 user game player(s) and or GM suspension)
- Strike 3 (8 user game player(s) and or GM suspension)
- Strike 4 (10 user game player(s) and or GM suspension + Loss of Picks + Loss of Trades)
- Strike 5 (Permanent Ban / League removal)
- No trades allowed for suspended positions.
- Management reserves the right to refuse league continuance to anyone